BMR Homes Inc. Remodeling and Restoration is a family owned business, started in 2005 by Chris Youngs. Chris is a second-generation home contractor, and grew up working side by side with his dad and on job sites at a very young age.. For this reason, he wanted his company to be family focused, and that starts with the name:
B- for his oldest daughter Brittany
M- for his wife Michelle
R- for his youngest daughter Regan
BMR isn’t just any ordinary Remodeling and Restoration Company, but a family whose goal is to treat each one of their customers like family too.
What We Do
BMR Homes Inc. Remodeling and Restoration is a local business servicing the Birmingham Metro Area since 2005. We offer a wide range of services from kitchen and bath remodels to fire and storm repair.
When it comes to remodeling your home, we can take care of anything and everything you may need. Our specialties include whole home remodels, aging in place and traumatic injury remodels, kitchen and bath remodels, and window replacements.
When a family needs help picking up the pieces after an insurance loss, we help with everything they may need from start to finish. From helping with the insurance company and cleaning up, to bringing everything up to code and completing their home as soon as possible. We enjoy working closely with families and making sure they are taken care of during a stressful situation.
Our goal is to make sure our customers feel like part of the family!
- Service to clients through the highest degree of professional competence and personal caring.
- Integrity through maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct in every decision and transaction.
- Caring for our customers, sub-contractors, team members and their families.
- Making a fair return on our investment, for a job well done.
- Treating people with honesty, integrity and fairness.
Our Courtesy System
This is the system that we use in our contacts with each other and with you. We have found that it is much easier to be happy in our work when we are pleasant, kind and careful with our communication.
We would like you to try to use the same system in your dealings with us so that we can all be happy together.
- Speak politely using a person’s name. ‘Please’ and ‘thank you’ as a minimum.
- When you talk about a person who is not present, speak as if they are listening to your conversation. Use the person’s name in each sentence in which you refer to them.
- If you have a problem with someone, talk about the problem only with them, and in private.
- Apologize and make amends if someone is upset with your actions.
- Greet and farewell everyone by name, and with eye contact.
- Blame a system, not a person.
- Tell the truth.
- Use positive conversation.
Here is what we feel we owe to one another. It is what we would like our relationship with you to be built upon.
You can expect us to do our very best for you.
You can expect us to stop and listen when you talk.
You can expect us to respect and value your time by having things ready when we tell you they will be ready.
You can expect us to apologize and make amends if we don’t perform as we promise.
We expect you to complain if there is something that upsets you. That way we have a chance to apologize and make it right.
If you are satisfied with the service we performed for you, we expect you to refer at least two persons whom you think would like or need the services we offer.
In this way, we can continue to have a flow of new people, and be here for you when you need us next time.